Black Bean Brownies
No one can even guess that these gluten, sugar-free and dairy free brownies contain beans. The protein supplied by the beans make for an extra satisfying snack!
- 1 ½ cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup cup rolled oats GF
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 pkts stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ to ⅔ cup chocolate chips (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
- more chips, for presentation optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight to firm up