Blueberry Breakfast Bake
I picked up this recipe from our local Natural Grocers, and thought I would share it with you! This could easily be made into dessert by adding a sweet coconut whipped cream: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/coconut-whipped-cream/
- 1 cup steel cut or rolled oats
- 1 13.55 oz can coconut milk full-fat
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- ½ tsp ginger ground
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz bag butternut squash frozen
- 1 8 oz bag frozen blueberries (fresh okay too)
- ⅓ cup golden or Thompson seedless raisins
- ½ tsp nutmeg ground
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds or pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In blender, blend can of coconut milk until smooth and creamy (wire whisk works great too).
- In mixing bowl, whisk together one egg, 1/4 c. maple syrup and 1/4 c. coconut milk.
- Add oats, coriander, ginger, 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Add butternut squash.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle blueberries and raisins on top.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining 4 eggs, 1/4 c. maple syrup, rest of coconut milk, 1 tbsp. vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over top of fruit. Sprinkle nuts of choice on top (optional)
- Bake 1 hour, or until mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.