Blueberry Breakfast Bake
I picked up this recipe from our local Natural Grocers, and thought I would share it with you! This could easily be made into dessert by adding a sweet coconut whipped cream: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/coconut-whipped-cream/
1 cup steel cut or rolled oats
1 13.55 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 ts. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp, plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 10-oz bag frozen butternut squash
1 8-oz bag frozen blueberries (fresh okay too)
1/3 c. golden or Thompson seedless raisins
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 c. slivered almonds or pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In blender, blend can of coconut milk until smooth and creamy (wire whisk works great too)
- In mixing bowl, whisk together one egg, 1/4 c. maple syrup and 1/4 c. coconut milk
- Add oats, coriander, ginger, 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Add butternut squash.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle blueberries and raisins on top.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining 4 eggs, 1/4 c. maple syrup, rest of coconut milk, 1 tbsp. vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over top of fruit. Sprinkle nuts of choice on top (optional)
- Bake 1 hour, or until mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.