Blueberry, Cherry, Avocado Smoothie
How about a recipe to knock that blood sugar down under…keeping it stable and in control! This recipe was created to include 7 of the top 10 foods that lower blood sugar. And what better way to get them, but in a smoothie!
- ½ cup blueberries frozen
- ½ cup cherries frozen
- ½ mango peeled and pitted (if you want to include 8 of the 10 foods)
- ½ avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp coconut or MCT oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder (whey, collagen, bone broth protein or pea protein)
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until creamy and smooth.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack!