Brain Boosting Salmon Salad
The number one food I recommend for brain health in a growing child, a well as for an adult to prevent brain deterioration and memory loss is salmon. Salmon is also touted as a “beauty food” because of its high omega 3 content, anti-inflammatory properties, and high protein levels. Here is an quick recipe I use based off of my tuna salad recipe. I prefer salmon over tuna because of it lower mercury content. And it is more delicious! This can be added to lettuce greens, stuffed between slices whole wheat bread, or eaten as is. If there are other tasty additions you have in mind to add, like sweet pickles, or mustard, go ahead and add it, as this recipe is very forgiving.
- 1 7 1/2 oz. can wild salmon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs optional
- ½ apple chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery chopped finely
- handful walnuts chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dehydrated greens optional
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- dash cayenne
- dash hot red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve over mixed lettuce or as a sandwich.