Broccoli Salad with a Twist
This is a take on the popular recipe made with bacon and mayonnaise and sugar. As always, one of my favorite things to do, is to “clean up” old favorites and make it tasty and healthy. This makes a great side dish, and is one of my favorite ways to “use” up broccoli that is on it’s way out. My family never knows. This can also be used as a salad main dish. Add extra seeds and serve over lettuce or spinach. This also pairs with a baked potato, as served in a baked potato meal..
- 2 bunches broccoli stems removed, cut into floweretts
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ sunflower seeds
- 1 - 2 slices bacon use natural, nitrate free (This is optional-I very seldom use bacon, and it is quite delicious without)
- ¼ cup MCT oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 or 2 dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop broccoli into bite size pieces and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly. I use the food processor to make broccoli finely diced size.
- Add dressing ingredients and toss. Enjoy!