Cheezy Kale Chips Recipe
I get many requests for this recipe. People (even non greens eaters) are always surprised with how good this recipe is! My family can’t get enough, and my dehydrator is always running in the summer with garden kale Cheezy Kale Chips. My children will eat an entire bunch of kale in one sitting this way! They are best if baked in the dehydrator. If you don’t have a dehydrator, the oven can be used, and are still quite good. Just make sure the kale is completely dry before adding the sauce and putting in the oven.
- 1 - 2 bunches kale depending on size of bunch (8-10 cups)
- 1 red pepper seeds removed
- 1 cup cashews soaked 1 - 2 hours
- ½ cup water
- 3 - 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast (found at most healthy food stores, not brewers’ yeast)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Trim leaves of kale from stems (save stems for smoothies, juicing, stir fries, soups). Tear leaves into bite size pieces. Place in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add rest of ingredients to blender (high-speed blender works best). Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt, lemon juice to taste.
- Pour over kale, and mix with hands, massaging into kale, until kale starts to wilt and is completely covered with sauce.
- Spread evenly, without overlapping on dehydrator trays or oven baking sheet.
- Bake in dehydrator 12 hours, until crisp; oven-lowest setting, 15-25 minutes.
To learn more about functional medicine and working with me, go here to set up an appointment: https://p.bttr.to/361E25K