Chocolate Almond No Bake Cookies
These cookies are truly amazing! So easy to make, and sugar and gluten-free…and oh so healthy! No guilt indulging in these! They do have a tendency to crumble easily, so be sure to press into shape more tightly than usual, chill for a few hours or overnight before serving. Coffee cherry flour is made from the outside husks of the coffee bean, and contains a tiny amount of caffeine. It lends a slight coffee flavor and blends nicely with the cacao. If you can not find coffee cherry flour, you can substitute almond flour.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ almond butter natural, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp coffee cherry husk flour (or almond flour)
- ½ almonds slivered or sliced
- 2 cups rolled oats gluten-free
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Add coconut sugar, almond milk, coconut oil, and cocoa to a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Stir let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the rest of ingredients.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. (I use an ice cream scoop, then press it into a firm patty).
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and firmed – about 20-25 minutes. Cool and harden in the refrigerator 2-3 hours. Best if cooled overnight.
- Leftovers will keep covered at room temperature for 2-3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.