When I first was married nearly 35 years ago (gasp! Has it really been that long?!), my husband’s grandmother pulled me aside and gave me great advice. She said to always buy a ham and cook with the bone in. It makes for the best ham, and the best drippings, which are used for gravy. And she was right! And that is what I have done for all of these years.
Here is my simple, never-fail recipe for our Christmas Ham! I put mine in the crock pot. Easiest Christmas main dish ever! Enjoy!
What is the best meat to serve at your Christmas dinner? Well, ham of course…at least this is the meat-of-choice in my family. We LOVE ham, but it has to be a certain kind of ham and baked right! And of course, the drippings make the best gravy around!
- 12 pounds ham rump portion
- ½ whole cloves
- ½ cup coconut sugar packed
- ½ cup water or as needed
- Rinse ham and cut off any extra fat portions.
- Push whole cloves on entire outside of ham at 1-to-2-inch intervals.
- Add ham to crock pot. Mix water and sugar to make a paste. Add more water as necessary.
- Pour water sugar mixture over ham. Cover crock with lid and bake 8-10 hours on low, or 6 hours high.
Interested in learning more about Veronica’s Healthy Living, and how balancing your minerals can help give your insight into your symptoms? Let’s chat: https://p.bttr.to/361E25K