Creamy Chocolate Mint Pie
This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie. I wanted to make it soy free, and I came up with this decadently creamy rendition! This recipe could easily be turned into a Peppermint Mocha Cream Pie, by adding a teaspoon of instant coffee. I haven’t tried it yet, because I love this version of the pie much! If you try it, let me know how you like it.
- 1 8 - 10 oz 100% Cacao unsweetened chocolate bar
- 1 8 oz jar coconut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder raw
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut milk high fat (solid only)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil to taste
- ¼ cup honey, or sweetener of choice as needed
- cacao nibs for garnish
- In large saucepan, melt chocolate bar, and coconut butter.
- Cool slightly, then add to blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cacao nibs), until creamy.
- Pour into a prepared pie crust or nut crust.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs, and chill in refrigerator.
- Serve with Coconut whipped creme.
Go here for Coconut Whipped Creme Recipe: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/coconut-whipped-cream/