Creamy Pineapple Pie
I got this pie from Chocolate Covered Katie http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/08/20/5-minute-pineapple-fantasy-pie/. This only thing I want to change about this recipe is to use whole, fresh pineapple instead of canned. But, until I have a chance to experiment with this, I will share the recipe as is. Delicious!
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup OR pinch uncut stevia
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil optional
- pie crust optional (gluten-free or graham cracker crust works great)
- Blend all ingredients except crust until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a prepared pie crust or into the bottom of an 8.5 inch spring form pan.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm, but not yet hard.
- Thaw at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving, if you like yours slightly frozen, like ice cream. Otherwise, thaw completely for 1-2 hours