Creamy Pineapple Pie
I got this pie from Chocolate Covered Katie http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/08/20/5-minute-pineapple-fantasy-pie/. This only thing I want to change about this recipe is to use whole, fresh pineapple instead of canned. But, until I have a chance to experiment with this, I will share the recipe as is. Delicious!
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup OR pinch uncut stevia
- optional 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- optional pie crust (gluten-free or graham cracker crust works great)
Blend all ingredients except crust until smooth and creamy. Pour into a prepared pie crust or into the bottom of an 8.5 inch spring form pan. Freeze 4 hours or until firm, but not yet hard. Thaw at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving, if you like yours slightly frozen, like ice cream. Otherwise, thaw completely for 1-2 hours
To make the pie, blend all ingredients except the optional crust until very smooth. Pour into a prepared pie crust in an 8 inch or 8.5 inch pan OR into the bottom of an 8.5-inch spring-form pan. Freeze 4 hours or until firm but not yet hard, or freeze longer and thaw at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.