Decadent 5-Ingredient Fudge (Veronica's Fudge Addiction)
This is my all-time favorite fudge recipe. I enjoy making this during the holidays for a healthy alternative to fudge. But I find that I often make it throughout the year as well, whenever I need a treat. If you use freshly ground almond butter, unsalted, then the taste and consistency is more like a Toblerone. You can also use cashew butter for a creamier consistency like the fudge we know. Be careful! It is addicting!
- 2 cups freshly ground almond butter (no oil, sugar, salt added)
- ⅔ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 - 4 tsp stevia to taste
- 1 12 oz package 70 % cocoa chocolate chips (I prefer Lilly’s, sweetened with stevia)
- 2 heaping tbsps raw cacao
- In medium saucepan, melt coconut oil. Add almond butter, honey, and chocolate chips.
- After chocolate chips are melted, cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful; this burns easily.
- Turn off heat. Mix in stevia and raw cacao well. Adding raw cacao at the end helps to preserve some of the natural properties we enjoy in the raw cacao.
- Pour into a greased baking pan. Allow to cool. Refrigerate until hardened. Keeps in refrigerator for 2 weeks, if it lasts that long! Freezes well.
You may also use baking brand cocoa powder. For more information on raw cacao, go here: http://www.veronicashealthyliving.com/blog/weight-loss-tip-8-chocolate-or-more-specifically-raw-cacao/