Super Easy Christmas Fudge
I wish I could remember where I picked up this Super Easy Christmas Fudge recipe, but boy is this my new favorite recipe to make, especially when I am wanting a treat. The original recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, but I use sweetened condensed coconut milk, which, of course, eliminates dairy. Sweetened condensed coconut milk can be purchased at most health food stores, but I make my own, which saves money, and it helps me control the amount of sugar. It is very easy to do, using a can of full-fat coconut milk and 1/4 cup honey, cooked down about 1/3 in volume. It is a sweet and delicious treat!If you are trying to keep this fudge sugar-free, I recommend Lilly’s chocolate chips. They are sweetened with stevia, and work well in recipes.
- 1 can sweetened coconut condensed milk (or 1 3/4 cup homemade )
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Lilly’s brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oil a square pan, including sides. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips, honey, and condensed milk in pan and heat gently, until melted and smooth. Stir frequently. Be careful so as not to allow milk to boil over. TIP: A wooden spoon placed across pan keeps liquid from boiling over.
- Let sit for one minute.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour fudge into greased square pan. Refrigerate, until cool. Cut into squares.