Happy Tummy, Green Apple, Ginger Tonic
Looking for a simple morning or evening tonic to soothe the tummy and cleanse the body? Look no further than my Happy Tummy Green Apple and Ginger Tonic. I originally created this recipe to be used on a group cleanse I offer, but since then, have had reports from people that this tonic is a game changer for soothing an upset tummy, or calming a bloated belly. Simple, easy, delicious! Add a splash of cayenne pepper for a little kick in the metabolism!
- 1 green apple cored, sliced
- 1 celery stick cut into chunks
- ½ piece fresh ginger (no need to peel if organic)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup aloe Vera juice (I like berry flavored)
- Blend all ingredients, except chia seeds, in a high powered blender.
- Pour into a drinking glass and add the chia seeds.
- Stir well. Keep stirring until chia seeds have expanded (about 5 minutes).
- You may refrigerate, or drink immediately.