Hormone-Balancing Hot Cocoa Mix
This has been a favorite beverage of mine this winter, by far. I have at least one (usually two) mugs of this stuff every single day. Not only is it warm, comforting, and deliciously sweet, but it is energizing (not with caffeine jitters) yet calming. And I actually feel clearer headed with a sense of well-being after imbibing on this sweet treat!Both maca powder and ashwagandha are adaptagens, which means they are balancing to the body’s hormones. Adrenals, thyroid, and female/male hormones are nourished and loved by you when you make this drink! Drink it every day! You will notice a difference!I make it with coconut sugar which is low glycemic. Coconut sugar comes from the sap of the coconut palm tree — not the coconuts, and contains many nutrients such as iron, zinc, calcium and potassium (all important for bone health). But most importantly, coconut sugar contains inulin, a soluble fiber known to lower risk of blood sugar spikes.Using whey protein powder provides protein to help balance blood sugar.This mix can be stored in a tightly covered container up to 2 months. Use 2 tablespoon per mug of hot milk or hot water. I use coconut milk. Yum!
- 1 cup cocoa powder I use raw cacao for extra nutrient benefits
- 1 ½ c. coconut sugar
- ½ c. whey powder
- ¼ c. powdered maca root powder
- ⅛ c. powdered ashwagandha powder (can buy in bulk online)
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Store in a tight container until ready to use.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons to each 8 oz. mug.
- Add hot milk, nut milk, or water and stir well.
- Add marshmallows or whipped cream, if you prefer. Enjoy!
PS. This mix makes a great gift