Immune Boosting Berry Smoothie
What a great way to start your children’s school day, then with this delicious, nutrient-rich smoothie! Chock full of anti-oxidants, and immune boosting nutrients, as well as clean protein, this breakfast is a great way to boost your child’s (and your) health to stave off illness and flu-bugs! It is filling and satisfying!
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, or combination)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 cups kale
- Whey protein powder
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Enjoy immediately!
Just some of the ingredient benefits:
- Pomegranate juice – rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, anti-inflammatory
- Frozen berries – enhances memory learning, rich in anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, anti-inflammatory properties
- Flax seeds – protein, omega 3’s (memory), immune boosting lignin’s
- Kale – protein, anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, plus many other vitamins and minerals, brain health
- Whey protein powder – complete protein, plus other vitamins and minerals – gut health, boosts glutathione which is the major antioxidant in the body; needed for oxidative stress