Kale is one of the most popular superfoods right now, and has remained number one for several years! And rightly so! There is more calcium in kale than in a glass of milk!Kale has the added benefit of Vitamin K – a much-needed vitamin for bone health. Just one cup of kale a day gives you over 700% of Vitamin K, needed for strong bones. Vitamin K controls calcium levels, keeping calcium in your bones and out of your blood.
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed, chiffonade
- 2 - 4 tbsp MCT oil, or olive oil MCT oil really makes this recipe. I like VIVA or NOW brands.
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes diced
- crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash cayenne pepper
- In large bowl, sprinkle kale with salt and lemon juice and MCT oil. Massage with hands, until wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Add rest of ingredients. Enjoy!
Kale is provides other benefits:
- reduces inflammation
- prevents cancer
- high in anti-oxidants
- eye health – reduces risk of macular degeneration