Luck O' The Green Shamrock Smoothie
Who needs McDonald’s 530 calorie green shake when you can make your own Shamrock Shake and it is healthier and tastier. The popular green shake offered at local fast food restaurants is full of sugar, food coloring and preservatives, and contains very little “real” food. Who needs all that?This is a healthier version I concocted to help you celebrate the season in a healthier, more delicious way. , I am calling this recipe “Luck O’ The Green Shake because the real luck comes from consuming all of the healthy greens!Greens are high in so many good-for-you nutrients, that it would take a whole other post just to describe the benefits. (I just happen to have a post handy for you to read about greens! https://veronicashealthyliving.com/portfolio-items/greens-greens-gr…e-this-important/
- 1 piece banana frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice) Use canned coconut milk for a more decadent treat!
- 2 cups greens (spinach, kale, collards, swiss chard, dandelion greens, etc.) frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp cacao powder raw, unsweetened
- 2-3 springs mint leaves (or 2-3 drops peppermint essential oil, food grade) fresh
- ice cubes
- cacao nibs for garnish
- Add all ingredients except cacao nibs to a high-speed blender.
- You can add a tablespoon or two of the nibs to the blender to give your smoothie a little crunch with more texture. I love it this way!
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy! Enjoy!