Mango Chia Seed Pudding
Oh the wonders and ease of this little recipe never cease to amaze me! The sweet tropical goodness of mango mixed with the crunching delight of chia seeds serve up a wallop of nutritional value along with a taste-bud delight. Mangoes contain well over 20 vitamins and minerals, including a whopping serving of anti-oxidants, whereas chia seeds are high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids.This dish is so good for you that it can be served as a healthy, satisfying breakfast, snack or a dessert!
- 1 can coconut milk full-fat
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 - ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp stevia (start small as various stevia products are sweeter than others)
- 1 small mango peeled and diced for topping (frozen mango, thawed, works well too!)
Optional Additions - If you are eating this on a detox program, you may add the following to give your body a detoxifying boost:
- 1 - 2 tbsp raw coconut yogurt (I like Cocoyo)
- 1 - 2 tbsp aloe vera gel or juice
- Combine all ingredients except mango; mix well, Allow mixture set in refrigerature for 30 minutes or overnight. Serve in a glass; layer pudding with mango pieces. Enjoy!