Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
This is a wonderful snack or dessert that travels well. Great for the lunch box!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp whole flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- ¾ cup maple syrup pure
- 1 cup natural peanut butter unsalted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flax seed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until soft and creamy. Stir in maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Enjoy!
Notice that flax seed is used in place of eggs. Flax seed makes a wonderful egg replacement – just 1 tbsp. flax soaked in 3 tablespoon water for 10 minutes is equivalent to one egg.