Yes! You can make pumpkin pie! And you can make it healthy! Easy Peasy!I simply substituted a few ingredients for healthy ones, using the recipe on the the back of the can of pumpkin pie filling. I usually use a gluten-free pie crust (store-bought), but if you are not watching gluten, then a regular crust works great! And don’t forget the whipped cream! See below.
- 1 pkg Frozen ready-to-bake pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 cups pumpkin pureed (or 1 15 oz. can pumpkin)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon*
- ½ tsp ground ginger*
- ¼ tsp nutmeg*
- *can use 1 ¾ pumpkin pie spice in place of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
- 1 (12 oz.) can coconut milk
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place thawed pie crusts on cookie sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except whipped topping and mix well. Pour half of mixture into each pie crust.
- Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over browning.
- Reduce temperature to 350 F and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool
- Serve with whipped topping. Enjoy!
See my recipe for Dairy free Coconut Whipped Topping! https://veronicashealthyliving.com/coconut-whipped-cream/