Raw Cacao and Date Nut Bites
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates soaked and drained
- 1 cup soaked chopped nuts, walnuts, pecan, almonds (I like walnuts)
- ⅓ cup dried fruit (I like cherries)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ rounded tbsp cacao powder raw
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Place the dates in a food processor and process on high speed for 10 seconds. Add the coconut oil, honey, cardamom, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla and process again for 10 to 20 seconds or until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the coconut and cacao powder and process again for another 10 seconds. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the chopped nuts and dried fruit, and mix well.
- Roll dough into a ball, and roll in coconut, cocoa powder, sesame seeds, etc. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!