Refreshingly Cold Cucumber Soup
Cucumbers are a tasty and juicy vegetable that are in abundance this time of year. This is a perfect lunch and a great way to get extra water into your day.Most recipes have you prepare your cucumber by peeling, and seeding it. But I always skip this step when I make it. If you have a high-speed blender, it will blend skins (make sure your cucumbers are organic), seeds and all into a creamy, thick luscious soup. The addition of the beans adds creaminess as well as protein, to make this a refreshing summer lunch.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 small green onion, white, and green leaves chopped
- ½ cup buttermilk (can also substitute full-fat plain yogurt)
- ¼ cup thick coconut milk (from 15 ½ oz can)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp MCT oil (may substitute olive oil)
- 1 can white beans drained
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut cucumbers and onions into chunks and add to blender along with rest of the ingredients, except for dill.
- Chill at least four hours. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh dill Enjoy!
Here's the link for MCT oil: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/benefits-of-coco…-oil-and-mct-oil/ Thanks to Denise Spijker for the Cucumber Soup photo.