Sausage Dandelion Quiche
This is an all-time family favorite of ours. I have lost count of how many times I have made and served this dish. Present this at supper with salad and cornbread for a real treat, or serve as the traditional breakfast or brunch entree. Kale, collards, spinach, or even swiss chard be substituted for the dandelions, however, be aware that the flavor will change slightly, depending on which greens you use.
- 5 eggs
- ½ lb sausage
- ½ onion
- 1 can coconut milk full-fat
- 2 cups packed dandelion greens rinsed, drained
- 1 - 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry sausage until brown. Add onion, cook until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl until smooth and lemony in color. Add coconut milk, cheese, dandelion greens and spices. Stir in sausage and onion mixture.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.