Savory Ham and Asparagus Salad with Quinoa and Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
What else can you do with your spring asparagus and leftover Easter ham? Well, make this yummy recipe, of course!
- 1 cup ham chopped
- 1 cup quinoa sprouted and cooked
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, tips intact and spears cut into 1-inch pieces, raw
- ⅓ cup almonds sliced
- ⅓ cup scallions thinly sliced
- 1 pkg butter lettuce
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves finely sliced
- ¼ tsp salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- Combine ham and asparagus with cooked quinoa. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat all of the ingredients, about 1/4 cup. Add sliced almonds, scallions, mint leaves, and spices. Toss again. Add more salt, pepper and vinaigrette to taste.
- Whisk together all ingredients. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly.
To watch the video on how to make this recipe: https://youtu.be/mKArtqj0r1I