Spicy Chili Recipe
There is nothing like a bowl of steamy, spicy chili to warm you up on a cold day! This dish hits the spot every time. We like it over corn chips, but it is delightful with cornbread and fresh salad on the side. This also has a healthy dose of cinnamon for an added twist.
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use 1 lb, and double up on the beans.)
- 2 (16 oz. ) cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans tomatoes diced
- 2 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- Brown ground beef, drain. Add onions and garlic.
- Add ground beef, onions, garlic and the rest of ingredients to crock pot or large pot on range.
- Cook in crock pot on low setting 8-10 hours; Range – bring to boiling and simmer 1 hour or more.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.