Spicy Coffee Pumpkin Chili (crock pot)
I actually wanted to create something new and unique for a Chili Cook-off and this recipe was a hit! No, I didn’t win, but my husband labeled this as “the best chili I have ever made”! And that is saying something! Just search my website in my recipe file for chili and see all of the chili recipes that pop up! Try it and let me know what you think.
Spicy Coffee Pumpkin Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef or ground chunk
- 1 pc large onion diced
- 1 pc red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapenos diced, with seeds
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp cumin and chili powder each
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin pureed
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups brewed, strong coffee (I used pumpkin flavored)
- Cook ground beef and onions in skillet over medium heat, until mostly cooked and crumbled. Leave some red in the meat so it can continue to cook in the crock.
- Add the ground beef to crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you need more liquid, you can add more coffee or chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy with toppings of your choice.