Spicy Thai Broccoli
This dish is delicious meatless, but if you must, you can add chicken to round out your main dish. You can also add mushrooms, chickpeas and/or avocado for more meatless protein. Broccoli, rich in calcium, protein, fiber, Vitamins C, D, B6, as K, as well as folic acid, zinc, magnesium, manganese, beta-carotenes, and anti-oxidants, really shines in this entree, filling you up…not out!
- 8 cups broccoli floweretts
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup peanuts (or almonds) chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Braggs Amino Acids (or soy sauce)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 or 2 pinch stevia
- ½ to 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix broccoli, onion, mint, peanuts, olive oil, Braggs, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Allow to marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix Dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- In hot dutchoven or wok, stir fry broccoli mixture, plus water, for approximately 6 minutes, until onions are soft, and broccoli bright green, and slightly crisp.
- Add dressing ingredients, and stir fry 2-3 more minutes until heated through.
- Serve immediately over brown rice or quinoa.
Share in the comments below if you make this dish, and how you enjoy it. Simple, easy, delicious! This is one of my go-to meals!