This is hailed as a superfood salad because every ingredient is considered a superfood. A superfood is a food that is rich in nutrients, and provides multiple high-quality substances that are good for your health. So eating these superfoods give you more “bang for your buck”.
Here are just some of the powerful benefits you receive by eating these foods and this tasty salad:
- spinach – high in anti-oxidants which fight inflamation and protect against disease, rich in Vitamins A, C, B, K, folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium which promote bone health, build immune system and healthy skin.
- Red Pepper – anti-oxidants, high in Vitamins A, C, and B
- broccoli – Vitamins A, C, D, K, B6, folate, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, magnesium, fiber, and even protein. Go here to learn more: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/…/broccoli…/
- onion – spring onion and onion have similar properties with the spring onion being a bit more tender and sweeter; High Vitamins C, K, anti-oxidants, carotenoids, and anti-bacterial/anti-bacterial properties support heart health, bone health, respiratory function, vision and stomach issues
- walnuts – excellent source of protein, healthy fat (highest omega 3’s of nuts), fiber, manganese, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, anti-oxidant
- blueberries – called “King of Anti-oxidants” for good reason; high in fiber, anti-oxidants, Vitamins C, K, manganese – all which help support brain, heart, bones, UTI’s, blood sugar, cancer, and weight loss
- MCT oil – medium chain fatty acid sourced mainly from coconut oil; supports the brain, heart, gut, energy, mood, digestion, weight loss, viral, bacterial, fungal overgrowth, and parasites
- lemon juice – high in Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium – it alkalinizes the blood, and supports respiratory infections, oral health, heart, and helps prevent kidney stones
- garlic – anti-cancer, works to prevent dementia, heals wounds, support bone health, impacts estrogen levels to support menopause symptoms
- ginger – anti-oxidant, anti-infection – fights flu/colds, supports blood sugar, improves respiratory conditions, PMS symptoms
Ingredients Spicy Vinaigrette Ingredients
4 cups fresh spinach 1 tbsp. MCT oil, or olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
½ cup chopped broccoli 1 garlic clove, crushed
1 green onion, chopped ½ inch fresh ginger, diced
1/2 cup walnuts, lightly chopped salt to taste
1 cup fresh blueberries
Mix all ingredients into bowl. Mix all ingredients of Spicy Vinaigrette into small bowl. Toss with salad.