Superfood Blueberry Spinach Salad
This is hailed as a superfood salad because every ingredient is considered a superfood. A superfood is a food that is rich in nutrients, and provides multiple high-quality substances that are good for your health. So eating these superfoods give you more “bang for your buck”.
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 pc red pepper sliced
- ½ cup broccoli chopped
- 1 pc green onion chopped
- ½ cup walnuts light chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Spicy Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pc garlic clove crushed
- ½ inch fresh ginger diced
- salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients into bowl.
- Mix all ingredients of Spicy Vinaigrette into small bowl.
- Toss with salad.
Here are just some of the powerful benefits you receive by eating these foods and this tasty salad:
- spinach – high in anti-oxidants which fight inflamation and protect against disease, rich in Vitamins A, C, B, K, folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium which promote bone health, build immune system and healthy skin.
- Red Pepper – anti-oxidants, high in Vitamins A, C, and B
- broccoli – Vitamins A, C, D, K, B6, folate, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, magnesium, fiber, and even protein. Go here to learn more: https://veronicashealthyliving.com/…/broccoli…/
- onion – spring onion and onion have similar properties with the spring onion being a bit more tender and sweeter; High Vitamins C, K, anti-oxidants, carotenoids, and anti-bacterial/anti-bacterial properties support heart health, bone health, respiratory function, vision and stomach issues
- walnuts – excellent source of protein, healthy fat (highest omega 3’s of nuts), fiber, manganese, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, anti-oxidant
- blueberries – called “King of Anti-oxidants” for good reason; high in fiber, anti-oxidants, Vitamins C, K, manganese – all which help support brain, heart, bones, UTI’s, blood sugar, cancer, and weight loss
- MCT oil – medium chain fatty acid sourced mainly from coconut oil; supports the brain, heart, gut, energy, mood, digestion, weight loss, viral, bacterial, fungal overgrowth, and parasites
- lemon juice – high in Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium – it alkalinizes the blood, and supports respiratory infections, oral health, heart, and helps prevent kidney stones
- garlic – anti-cancer, works to prevent dementia, heals wounds, support bone health, impacts estrogen levels to support menopause symptoms
- ginger – anti-oxidant, anti-infection – fights flu/colds, supports blood sugar, improves respiratory conditions, PMS symptoms