Veronica's Pumpkin Chili
Pumpkin Chili reeks of Autumn and fall comfort foods. You just want to snuggle up in front of the fire place and enjoy your favorite movie while imbibing on this easy recipe. For a vegetarian chili, just eliminate the meat, and add more beans. My family enjoys it both ways. This recipe has changed and evolved over the years, as my family has grown, and developed their own tastes for comfort food. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does!
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use 1 lb, and double up on the beans)
- 2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans tomatoes diced
- 2 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 cloves garlic minces
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- Brown ground beef, drain. Add onions and garlic.
- Add ground beef, onions, garlic and the rest of ingredients to crock pot or large pot on range.
- Cook in crock pot on low setting 8-10 hours; Range – bring to boiling and simmer 1 hour or more. Adjust seasonings to taste.