Veronica's Pumpkin Soup
I’ve have more requests for this recipe at this time of the year than any other. My family can hardly wait for pumpkin season so I can make pumpkin soup. I make a big batch, can most of it in jars, and this becomes one of my go-to-meals! Pumpkin contains many nutrients necessary to keep the body functioning properly, including bone health. Eat up! And enjoy!
- 3 bacon strips (optional)
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin or 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) coconut milk full-fat
- 4 cups chicken broth full fat
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Extra heavy coconut cream (optional)
- In large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble and add back to pan. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Saute onion, and garlic in bacon drippings until tender.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-30 minutes until flavors blend.
- Add heavy coconut cream until heated.
- Serve topped with a dollop of heavy coconut cream. Enjoy!