Warm Swiss Chard Dip
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cups Swiss chard stems removed
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz coconut cream (from 4 oz. can) may substitute 1/4 c. heavy cream
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir and cook 3 to 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add chopped Swiss chard. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer cooked vegetables to a fine mesh strainer. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Return vegetables to pan.
- Over low heat, add cream cheese and heavy coconut cream to the pan. Stir until well combined with vegetables and slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve warm with bread, chips or vegetable crudites