Watermelon, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
One of the best ways to prevent sunburn is to flood your body with fresh, wholesome fruits and vegetables, vibrant in color and nutrients.The textures of the different fruits blends beautifully in this salad and could make a lovely light lunch when served with soup or bread. Adding pomegranate seeds or arils gives a pop of texture and adds a different flavor combination. This dish is surprisingly delicious and refreshing! Add chick peas or another white bean to make this a complete meal.
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 4 grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 2 avocados peeled, sliced and cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups baby spinach
- balsamic vinegar
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl, except spinach.
- Toss with 1-2 tbsp. good, quality balsamic vinegar.
- Serve over a bed of spinach and enjoy.
Be sure to add balsamic vinegar right before serving, or it can turn fruits brown.