Wild Green and Berry Smoothie
Combining berries and greens in a smoothie results in a beautiful burgundy-purple beverage that’s as tasty is it is pretty. Some green smoothie fans recommend that nothing but fruit, greens, and water should go into them for maximum digestibility. Others like to use juice or a nondairy milk rather than water, for more flavor and substance.
- ½ cup berries frozen
- 4 cups wild greens I used yellow dock, Sheep Sorrel, lamb’s quarter, and amaranth
- ½ cup aloe vera juice mine is berry flavored
- ½ cup water filtered
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds omegas, and 10 grams protein
- 1 scoop collagen powder unflavored (10 grams protein)
- 1 tsp maca root powder (adaptogen – good for energy)
- stevia to taste
- ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 30 seconds, until smoothie and creamy.